- Current Soldiers
- Officer Programs
- PRIOR SERVICE
State Tuition Assistance Program
Public Act 259 of 2014 established the State Tuition Assistance Program (STAP) to provide tuition assistance exclusively to members of the Michigan National Guard who are attending any public or private college, university, vocational school, technical school or trade school located in Michigan.
You could be eligible to receive up to $600 per credit hour and up to $14,400 per school year. STAP is available to members of the Michigan National Guard who are active in the National guard, are not absent without leave or under Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) charges, and meet the additional criteria established by The Adjutant General (TAG) consistent with the Guard's recruiting and retention requirements.
Upon meeting all necessary requirements, the Student Tuition Assistance Program may be used toward the following education avenues:
- Vocational training
- Technical training
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's of First Professional Degree
A brief list of the other education benefits we offer:
· Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) Available to Soldiers and officer candidates who have one or more qualifying and disbursed Title IV federal loan(s) up to $50,000.00.
· Tuition Grant Program There are several Michigan colleges and universities that offer grants exclusively to Michigan National Guard Soldiers that attend their school. This grant is offered as a reduction in tuition.
· Federal Tuition Assistance Program (FTA) Available to all Soldiers in the Michigan National Guard. This federal benefit is used to pay tuition directly to the school.
· GI Bill Program Earn a monthly expense allowance in a four year period. This money is sent directly to you (not to your school) to spend on books, supplies and anything else you may need.